The first day of school is Thursday, September 8, 2022. We’re excited to welcome you back and begin this journey together! Over the course of the next year, we look forward to helping your children learn and grow, academically and socially.
Here are a few important reminders to help you prepare for a great start to the new school year.
- Sign up for a NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) and update your emergency contact information. Find more information about NYCSA at schools.nyc.gov/NYCSA.
- Call or visit your child’s school to get your parent coordinator’s contact information. Your parent coordinator is a helpful resource for all school-related questions.
- Make sure your children are on a regular sleep schedule and that you’ve practiced your family’s morning routine with them before the first day.
- Review the 2022-23 School Calendar at schools.nyc.gov/calendar for information on upcoming events and closures throughout the year.
- Submit all required health forms before the start of the year. For more information about health requirements to attend school, visit schools.nyc.gov/schoolhealth.
- Double check that your child is up to date on all required vaccinations. Visit schools.nyc.gov/immunization for more information.
For more information on how to have an A+ first day of school, read our Back to School Checklist at schools.nyc.gov/checklist.
We can’t wait to see you on September 8!