العربية / বাংলা / 中文 / Français / Kreyòl ayisyen / 한국어 / Русский / Español / اردو
The pre-K application for the 2022-2023 school year will open later this winter. All children born in 2018 are eligible to apply. Now is a great time to learn about and start exploring your child’s pre-K options.
Pre-K programs are offered in three different program settings. All settings offer full-day, high-quality education to New York City’s four-year-old children:
- New York City Early Education Centers (NYCEECs). These community-based organizations with early childhood expertise partner with the Department of Education (DOE) to offer pre-K.
- District schools. Some DOE public elementary schools offer pre-K.
- Pre-K Centers. These are DOE early childhood centers that only offers grades below kindergarten
There are three types of pre-K seats:
- Full Day seats are free and provide early care and education for 6 hours and 20 minutes a day during the school year, typically September to June. All NYC children born in 2018 are eligible for these seats.
- Extended Day and Year seats are free or low cost and provide early care and education for up to 10 hours of care a day, year-round. Eligibility for these seats is based on family income and needs. If you receive an offer to an Extended Day and Year seat, you will need to confirm your child’s eligibility by completing a Child Care application.
- Head Start seats are free and provide up to 10 hours of early care and education a day, year-round. Eligibility for Head Start is based on family income and needs. If you receive an offer to a Head Start seat, the program will work with you to confirm your child’s eligibility.
Learn more about pre-K admissions on our website, where you can watch our video playlist. You can also browse current pre-K offerings now in the MySchools pre-K directory. Create an account and add your child to save favorite programs.
We’ll be in touch again before the application opens! In the meantime, if you need support, you can:
- Email us at ESEnrollment@schools.nyc.gov.
- Call us at 718-935-2009.
- Visit a Family Welcome Center.
The Pre-K Admissions Team