العربية / বাংলা / 中文 / Français / Kreyòl ayisyen / 한국어 / Русский / Español / اردو
The high school application is now open, and the deadline to apply is March 1, 2022. All current eighth grade and first-time ninth grade students in NYC are welcome and encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Log in to your MySchools.nyc account. You will use MySchools, the DOE’s online directory and application system, to explore high schools and apply. To get started, watch the “How to Create Your MySchools Account” tutorial.
2. Learn about high schools and programs—watch “Explore Your High School Options” Part 1 and Part 2 to learn how.
- Use MySchools to search for programs based on your child’s interests, location, and more. Each school’s page in MySchools features also contains a link to that school’s own website, as well as any direct links to admissions resources, virtual tours, or open house calendars.
- On each program’s MySchools page, check how they make offers and if your child needs to complete any additional steps; for instance, some programs require an audition. Learn when and how to audition on the High School Auditions page. Learn how students will get offers to screened programs this year at schools.nyc.gov/ScreenedHS.
- Add 12 program choices to your child’s application in MySchools. List these choices in your true order of preference, with your first-choice program at the top as #1.
- Please note that the nine Specialized High Schools cannot be listed as choices on your application; these schools use a separate admissions process:
- LaGuardia High School. Interested in applying to programs at LaGuardia High School? This school uses a separate admissions process, so you won’t list these programs on your application. Instead, register and audition by March 1. As part of the registration process, you’ll indicate which LaGuardia programs you’re applying to.
- Testing Specialized High Schools. Students who took the SHSAT in December 2021 to apply to the testing Specialized High Schools will receive your results in April. Learn more at schools.nyc.gov/SHS.
3. Submit your application by March 1. You can apply to 12 programs with your child’s personalized high school application.
- Apply to high school (and register for LaGuardia auditions, if interested) one of three ways:
- Online with MySchools
- Through your child’s current school counselor
- Through a Family Welcome Center
- Questions? Watch the “How to Apply to Middle or High School” MySchools tutorial
- Visit schools.nyc.gov/High for the most up-to-date admissions information and to watch our High School Admissions Video Series—more videos are coming soon.
- Need support with your MySchools account, your child’s unique account creation code (mailed to families in December), or your application? Have other admissions questions? We’re here to help! Talk to your child’s school counselor or contact a Family Welcome Center.
The High School Admissions Team, Office of Student Enrollment
Was this email forwarded to you from a friend? Be sure to sign up for our high school admissions mailing list at schools.nyc.gov/SignUp.