Considering any audition or screened programs for your application? Be sure to check if they have additional requirements. For most high school programs, all you need to do is list them on your application to apply. Some programs have additional requirements, which you can find on a program’s MySchools page, under “Selection Criteria.”
- Audition (arts) programs require applicants to audition. This year, you can audition virtually for any of these programs. Some audition programs also offer an in-person audition as an alternative.
- For programs that offer either option, there is no advantage to auditioning virtually or in person.
- All programs within the same arts discipline (such as dance), including those at Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts, have the same audition requirements—this means that you can apply to dance programs at, say, three different schools with just one submission.
- Some screened programs require applicants to complete an interview or essay. Learn how students get offers to screened programs this year at schools.nyc.gov/ScreenedHS.
SUBMIT ADDITIONAL MATERIALS ONLINE
Starting today, you can log in to MySchools and submit audition files—as well as some screened programs’ requirements (if applicable)—directly through your account! From your MySchools Dashboard, click the blue “Additional Materials” button to read instructions and upload files. This tutorial will walk you through the process. The deadline to upload any files is March 1, 2022.
REMEMBER TO ALSO APPLY / REGISTER
- For high school application choices: List your top 12 program choices—including any screened or audition programs—in your order of preference. The deadline to apply to high school is March 1, 2022.
- For LaGuardia programs only: Register to audition and note your LaGuardia program choices. Please note that the Specialized High Schools, including LaGuardia High School, use a separate admissions process, so you cannot list these schools on your high school application. The deadline to register is March 1, 2022.
HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED SUPPORT?
Visit schools.nyc.gov/High and schools.nyc.gov/SHS for the most up-to-date admissions information. Need help with your MySchools account or any aspect of admissions? Talk to your child’s school counselor or contact a Family Welcome Center.
The High School Admissions Team, Office of Student Enrollment