This is a warm reminder to apply to middle school by March 1, 2022. Submitting your child’s application by the deadline is your best chance at getting an offer to a program you choose!
- Already applied? Wonderful—you’re all set.
- Haven’t yet applied? Even if you’re unsure of fall plans, there is no downside to applying now.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Log in to your MySchools.nyc account to explore your child’s middle school options.
2. Add up to 12 program choices to your application. Put choices in your true order of preference, with your favorite program as #1. There is no better strategy.
3. Apply one of the following ways:
- Online at MySchools.nyc—Recommended!
- Through your child’s current school counselor (for public DOE or charter school families) or a Family Welcome Center(for private or parochial school families)
INTERESTED IN AUDITION PROGRAMS?
Some arts programs require applicants to submit a virtual audition by March 1. Beginning this week, interested students can submit audition files online, directly through your MySchools account. Learn how to prepare auditions for specific programs at schools.nyc.gov/MSAuditions.
- Visit schools.nyc.gov/Middle
- Watch tutorials on how to create a MySchools account and apply to middle school
- Questions? Talk to your child’s school counselor, get support from a Family Welcome Center, or call 718-935-2009
The Middle School Admissions Team, Office of Student Enrollment