This is a reminder that if your child will be entering middle school this fall, you have less than a week left to apply. The deadline to submit your child’s middle school application is March 1, 2022.
If you’ve already applied, great—you’re all set. Want to make changes to your application? You can do so any time before the March 1 deadline.
If you haven’t applied yet, we want your middle school application! There is no downside to applying now, even if you’re unsure of your family’s plans for the fall.
- Remember that submitting your child’s application is your best chance of getting an offer to a program you want.
- Add up to 12 programs to your child’s application in your true order of preference, with your first-choice program at the top as #1. There is no better strategy.
- Complete any additional requirements for audition programs.
There are three possible ways to apply:
2. Through your child’s current school counselor
3. Through a Family Welcome Center
Want to learn more? Visit schools.nyc.gov/Middle. While you’re here, watch our video series, which walks families through the middle school admissions process, including the factors that determine offers and how to choose programs for your application.
We’re here to help with your application and any questions: talk to your current school counselor, contact a Family Welcome Center, or call 718-935-2009.
The Middle School Admissions Team, Office of Student Enrollment