The Citywide Council on Special Education has an opening on our Council and we’re specifically looking for a parent of a D75 student to join us. If you’re interested, please read the below requirements and fill out the attached application. Email completed application to CCECinfo@schools.nyc.gov and CCSE@schools.nyc.gov with the subject line: CCSE Vacancy.
The Citywide Council on Special Education – an education council that advocates on behalf of all students who have Individualized Education Programs in New York City – has one opening.
A parent of a child with an IEP who currently receives special education services that are provided by and/or paid for by the Department of Education. Must be able to attend one to two meetings a month (6:00 pm – 8:00 pm). Must be willing to travel the five boroughs in support of the CCSE, parents and students we are advocating on behalf.
The Responsibilities of Citywide Council Members include:
- Issuing an annual report on how affectively the population that the CCSE represents are served
- Making recommendations for improvements
- Providing an open forum for the voicing and discussion of parent concerns
- Providing information, with presentations that focus on specific issues facing NYC students with IEPs. Past topics have included: Bussing, Creating the IEP, Turning 5, IEPs Common Core and Transitioning to high school
- Offering parents an opportunity to discuss their specific cases with executive members of the Division of Specialized Instruction and Student Support
- All Education Council members are required to attend each meeting of their council
- For additional information visit https://www.schools.nyc.gov/get-involved/families/current-education-councils-cecs/community-education-councils
SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATION
SUBJECT LINE: CCSE VACANCY
BY MAIL: DIVISIONOF FAMILY AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT (FACE)
52 CHAMBERS STREET, NEW YORK, NY 10007
FOR QUESTIONS EMAIL CCECinfo@schools.nyc.gov
For additional information please contact the CCSE at email@example.com
Friday, June 24, 2022 5:00 pm
*This is a non-paid, volunteer position*
Rose E. Morgan
Citywide Council on Special Education
28-11 Queens Plaza North – Room 522
Long Island City, New York 11101
Phone No. (718) 391-8354 firstname.lastname@example.org