العربية / বাংলা / 中文 / Français / Kreyòl ayisyen / 한국어 / Русский / Español / اردو
Your child’s ticket for the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT) is now available! Here’s what to do next:
1. Get your ticket.
- You can get your ticket online in your MySchools.nyc account, from your school counselor, or by contacting a Family Welcome Center. Your test ticket includes your child’s test date, arrival time, test location, and testing accommodations (if applicable).
- If any testing accommodations for your child are missing or incorrect, talk to your school counselor right away. For more information about testing accommodations, please visit our website.
- If you can print your ticket, please do, and bring it to the site. If you can’t print your ticket, you can use your mobile phone to display it. And if you lose your ticket (or can’t display it on your phone), that’s okay, too—you can still take the test!
2. Know what time to arrive at the test site.
- Arrival time for 8th grade students testing at their current DOE public school: Please arrive at your school’s normal start time, unless told otherwise by your school.
- Arrival time for students testing on a weekend: 8am
Please note that this arrival time IS NOT the time your child’s test will begin. On the day of the test, every student must first be escorted to their testing room, hear detailed instructions, and complete paperwork before the test begins. All students should expect to begin their exam one hour or more after the arrival time.
3. Take these three steps to prepare.
- Map your commute to the test site.
- Get lots of sleep the night before the test and eat breakfast that morning.
- Pack a snack and water to bring to your testing site. Note that students will not be able to eat during the test. And don’t forget your mask!
Questions? Want to learn more? Visit our website or call 718-935-2009.
Thanks, and good luck on the test!
The High School Admissions Team, Office of Student Enrollment