Dear Parent Leaders,
We are writing to share an exciting opportunity for your district to participate in the DOE Minecraft Battle of the Boroughs. This challenge provides an opportunity for NYCDOE students to design safe, connected, resilient, and sustainable communities that move NYC forward without leaving anyone behind.
The New York City Department of Education is partnering with Minecraft Education and C40’s Reinventing Cities Initiative to guide students in creating our future New York. Students will compete to create the most inclusive future-ready city spaces by building on the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the City’s OneNYC 2050 Strategic Plan, and existing mayoral initiatives.
- Deadline for Initial Challenge Submissions – Friday, April 7
- Battle of the Boroughs Esports Events – April through June
How Parents/Caregivers can support:
- Visit NYC DOE Minecraft for more information.
- Allow your child time to log in to Minecraft Education and let them familiarize themselves with the platform. Find instructions on how to log in here: DOE Student Accounts
- Ask your child’s teacher(s) if they are involved in the challenge.
- Spread the word to other families in your community!
I appreciate your support in helping us spread the word about this fantastic opportunity!
Office of Family and Community Empowerment (FACE)
Division of Community Empowerment, Partnerships, and Communications
New York City Department of Education
52 Chambers Street| NY, NY 10007
Aaguilar5@schools.nyc.gov | (212) 374-2436 office
Connect with us on schools.nyc.gov