Welcome to Kindergarten Admissions!
This year, children born in 2019 are eligible to apply to kindergarten for the 2024-2025 school year. The elementary school admissions team is here to support you through the process.
Here are some key dates you should be aware of as you move through the process:
- Tuesday, December 5, 2023: Kindergarten Application Opens
- Friday, January 19, 2024: Kindergarten Application Closes
- Wednesday, March 27, 2024: Kindergarten Offer Release
These dates are subject to change. Any changes will be announced and communicated to families.
Although the application is not open yet, here is what you can do right now to get started:
- Set up your MySchools account at Myschools.nyc. No code or ID necessary, just your email address. If you already have a MySchools account, be sure to log in and review your child’s profile information.
- Use the MySchools directory to start exploring schools and programs.
- Visit schools! Check our MySchools events page or contact schools directly to learn if they will be hosting virtual or in-person events. You can also visit a schools’ website to learn more; each school’s website is listed on its MySchools page. Visiting schools online or in person is a great way to imagine what it’s like to go there.
- All NYC families with children born in 2019 are encouraged to apply including students learning English, students with disabilities, and students in temporary housing.
Submitting an application will not impact your application to a non-DOE program like charter or parochial school. Every child is guaranteed a kindergarten seat in a NYC Public School.
Want to learn more? Visit our kindergarten admissions website and watch our video playlist, featuring several MySchools tutorials. Still have questions? Call us at 718-935-2009 or visit your local Family Welcome Center.
The Elementary Admissions Team